1 Sunday, September 21st, 2008
Tips on How to Destroy Your Online Brand
Seth Godin and Ed Welch have 101 ideas for brand managers on how not to take care of their customers. Here are my favorites related to online advertising.
- 3. Don’t ask for feedback from your customers. Make them take surveys but never engage them in a conversation with you.
- 5. Do everything you can to keep your customers from creating a community – you don’t want them talking to each other.
- 15. Don’t take viral marketing seriously. How fast can a message spread anyway?
- 22. Never try to build customer evangelists – mass advertising has always worked better!
- 31. Routinely email your customers without their expressed permission. The more frequently you send email, the better.
- 42. Don’t browse the internet – don’t look for what people are saying about your company.
- 69. Be sure you understand that internet marketing is just like “old school marketing”.
Read the whole list: 101 Ways to Destroy Your Tribe